- Home Improvement
Why a Generator is a Must Have for Every Household and Business
by Victor Hill
Electrical generators are commonly found in homes and businesses all over the world. But why are they so popular? Backup generators allow people to keep their lights on and their businesses running during blackouts, and allow you to bring power with you wherever you need it - for camping, tailgating, or any other outdoor event - you have the power to do what you want to do, where you want to do it.
Absolute Power took it upon themselves break down all you need to know about the different types of generators and when to use them. We have separated the information into categories that consolidate and simplify everything everything you need to help you decide if a generator is right for your home or business.
Common Uses for Electric Generators
Power outages can occur at any time, especially if you are in an area with a lot of trees. Extreme weather can greatly increase the likeliness of an outage and oftentimes comes with little to no warning. With a source of backup power, you can ensure that your lights stay on and your appliances keep running. Having a generator can give you the peace of mind that you and your family will remain comfortable and safe during a blackout.
Businesses can be significantly affected by blackouts. For many businesses, losing even a couple of hours can cause huge disruptions in productivity as well as possible loss of revenue. A generator can keep your systems running so that your operations aren’t interrupted and you can minimize any revenue loss.
Many recreational activities take place in areas without immediate access to electricity. Having a source of power can greatly enhance your experience by allowing you to run all sorts of devices. Whether you want a TV for your tailgate or a charger for your camera, a generator can get you there.
- Powering Recreational Appliances: Electric generators can be used to power up all of your equipment - from sound systems to lights - making camping and other outdoor activities safer and more convenient. If your family loves adventure, investing in a portable generator is a must.
- Bringing the Convenience of Home with You: Many people love disconnecting from the world when they go camping, but if you aren’t the type who likes going without basic amenities, camping may not sound very appealing. With a small generator, you can completely transform your camping experience. You can use an electric stove for cooking or even bring along a small refrigerator, and use your phone and camera without worrying about how to charge them. A generator will allow you to experience nature in the way that only camping can while keeping you comfortable along the way.
Industrial and Business Uses
- Solar Panel Installation: Backup generators come in handy during design and other preliminary solar panel installation services. Several tests must be done before the system can power itself, and this is where an electric generator comes in. It is a convenient source of power for projects that are usually located on roofs or tops of other structures that can be difficult to reach.
- Rental Properties: Landlords can hugely benefit from installing backup generators on their properties. The assurance of electricity even in the event of power failures is very appealing to many potential renters. This will give the landlord a competitive edge and can justify charging higher rental rates.
- Farm/Agricultural: A lot of farm machinery depends on electricity to run. These machines range from irrigation systems to milking and hatching machines as well as other important systems. If any of these processes are interrupted, the farmer could suffer huge financial losses. A backup generator will allow these machines to run during blackouts and can eliminate many of the risks that the farmer would otherwise face.
- Construction Sites: Generators have become widely used in industrial settings, especially in construction. Contractors often have to build or weld things on site and heavy-duty machines are needed to get the job done. A generator is often the best way to provide the electricity that is needed.
We’ve only mentioned a few of the many uses of electric generators; benefits to your home or business are endless. The situation and intended use for either standby or portable generators will determine which will best fit your needs. Find out which generator is right for you! What are you waiting for?
Guest post by Victor Hill from Trustworthypower.com